This is a true story. The names and places have been changed to protect the innocent….
What was wrong
- Two Email Platforms
- Manual processes
- Emails that weren’t as timely or relevant as they could be
- Constant risk of data breaches
What we did
- Process Improvement
- Campaign Build Out
- Reduction in costs
- Removed risk of privacy breaches
- More timely and engaging emails to customers
- Reduced reliance on people powered processes
- Set client up for more cool stuff in future
MoTaM has a client who early on in our engagement was on the verge of throwing out their Marketing Automation platform. It wasn’t because the platform wasn’t a good product, or even that it wasn’t fit for purpose. It was simply because the client was deriving no value from it. In short, they were using it as a glorified batch and blast tool. On top of that, routine emails that went to their customers were being done through another set of tools operated by an agency. The data for this was supplied on a weekly basis, meaning the routine emails were not as timely or relevant as they could be. In some cases, the customers had even cancelled their service at short notice and were still receiving the emails about it.
Both their Marketing Automation platform and the routine emails were being driven by manual data loads. In one case this involved unencrypted spreadsheets being provided to the agency.
MoTaM did an analysis of the current state and provided a vision of a future state. The vision was of:
- A Marketing Automation platform that was delivering value on a daily basis.
- A reduction in human effort.
- An environment with significantly reduced risk of privacy breaches
- A single platform for all emails
To achieve this, we:
- Built strong working relationships with the client’s Marketing and Technology teams, and engaged with the right subject matter experts from both teams to understand how to function in their technical environment while delivering valuable and usable data into the Marketo Automation system.
- Integrated the Marketing Automation platform with their highly bespoke Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform. The integration is highly secure and requires no effort from staff to maintain on a day to day basis.
- Orchestrated campaigns to run automatically based on accurate customer data. Instead of emails being anywhere between a week before and up to a week after they were needed, they were consistently delivered at the appropriate time.
This has also set the client up to be able to deliver further value for themselves.
With customer data being constantly integrated into the Marketing Automation platform, and that data being far more complete in terms of the overall customer data set and richer in terms of the amount of data being supplied per customer than the data being loaded from spreadsheets, greater personalization and segmentation is now possible.
Our training allowed the client to set up additional automated campaigns as they have increased the reach of their products, and there are other manual campaigns that we’ve been able to automate now that the data in the system is accurate and timely.
If the problems this client had sound similar to a problem you would dearly love to solve, then get in touch. We’d love to have a coffee with you!